Continuing our mission of “Bringing History to Life through Music”, Musica Matrix is pleased to share this overview of performances planned for the 2018 Season. For the most current concert details, please see our Concerts & Events page »
Our 2018 Season
- Reflections, The Subtle World of John Dowland, lutenist
House concerts with lutenist James Bishop-Edwards and mezzo-soprano Pat O’Scannell.
- Saturday, Feb. 24, 7pm · Sunday, Feb. 25, 4pm
At a private home near downtown Ashland.
- For reservations call (541) 482-9757 or send an email »
- España: The Golden Age
Spanish Songs & Romances from the Siglo de Oro and Beyond.
- With guitarist, vihuelist and lutenist James Bishop- Edwards and mezzo soprano Pat O’Scannell, the program presents a sweeping tour of repertoire from the Renaissance through the modern period.
- Saturday, May 19, 7pm · Ashland Springs Hotel in the Crystal Room
- Before the Armada, English and Spanish Music Before 1588
Gothic Voices Medieval Choir directed by Pat O’Scannell
- Saturday, June 30, 7pm · Trinity Episcopal Church, Ashland
Sunday, July 1 4pm · St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Medford
- Duo Jette!
Bass viola da gamba duo presenting French works of the 17th and 18th Centuries.
- Saturday, August 25th at 7pm at Paschal Winery
- Children of Exile, Medieval Songs of the Sephardim
A program of Sephardic Music
- With Shira Kammen, Pat O’Scannell and Lauren Pomerantz
- Saturday, October 6 · Ashland Springs Hotel in the Crystal Room
- Missa L’homme Armé, The Armed Man
Sacred and secular polyphonic works by Guillaume Dufay, 15th Century French Composer
- Gothic Voices Medieval Choir, directed by Pat O’Scannell
- Saturday, December 1, 7pm · Ashland Springs Hotel in the Crystal Room
- Sunday December 2, 4pm · St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Medford
- Wild Card!
- A special concert of Music of Shakespeare’s Time will be presented this season with special guest Artists Peter Hallifax, Julie Jeffrey, Shira Kammen and singer Pat O’Scannell. Details will be revealed at a later date.